Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Obesity
March 24th, 2007 | admin
Weight loss methods according to Ayurveda, weight loss natural methods described here.
1. Take lot of fresh fruits daily.
2. Take at least 10 glasses of water daily.
3. Exercise daily if no other exercise regime seems to fit you, try brisk walking for half an hour daily early morning. Swimming is the best exercise. Try bicycling, running, badminton etc on a regular basis. Walking is enough if nothing else is feasible.
4. Take a glass of carrot juice after the walk.
5. Include tomato, cabbage, lime juice, honey and mint in your daily intake of food.
6. Avoid milk products like ice cream, butter, cheese, etc.
7. Avoid alcohol.
8. Avoid high-carb food like chocolate, sweets and overly cooked pastries, fast food, etc.
9. Instead of two or three big meals, take four light meals at 3-4 hours apart.
10. Minimize intake of salt.
11. Include ginger, pepper, cinnamon, etc in cooking.
12. Substitute rice with wheat.
13. Take a teaspoon of honey daily.
Guggulu (Commiphora Mukul) is used in the treatment of obesity. Take Guggulu with triphala.
Some fat burning fruits and vegetables are listed below
- Bitter gourd (bitter pot)
Egg white is also beneficial in weight loss, but yolk increases fat in body.